Environmental, Social and Governance
At BBX Minerals, we believe operating in a sustainable manner is essential to delivering the company’s core strategy and objective. Our sustainability strategy is based on the four sustainability pillars:
- Environment: Mining inevitably has an impact on the environment. At BBX we have the responsibility to manage, mitigate and rehabilitate in order to limit any negative impacts of our activities. We are committed to meeting or exceeding international best practices.
- Protecting health and safety: health and safety are fundamental responsibilities we have towards our workforce and local community. We maintain robust safety measures in place.
- Creating economic benefit: To successfully explore and mine precious metals in the regions where we operate, it is critical that we share the benefits of such activities with the local communities.
- Respecting human rights: BBX is a global company with operations in remote Brazil. We acknowledge our responsibility and opportunity to contribute and promote high standards of human rights in the areas where we operate.
BBX is committed to becoming a leading example. We abide by all government regulations and adhere to international best practice in sustainability, community relations and corporate governance.
- Establish and maintain solid relationships with communities and governments.
- Community acceptance of BBX's projects.
- Utilise local labour and spend locally where possible.
- Contribute to community programmes including health and education.
Environmental Impact and Improvements
- Proactively mitigate environmental impact. Key assets in clear farmland.
- Place high priority on environmental impact studies.
- Strieve for the last possible impact on the environment.
- Improve standards by implementing international best practice.
Creating Positive Social Changes
- Develop skills locally and target local employment.
- Aim to procure goods and services locally.
- Building sustainable communities.
- Promoting a safe working environment.
- 11 years operating in Brazil without a single lost time accident.